PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP please
Thread: HELP please
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2005, 23:11
tommyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP please

I am 26 and have always wanted to fly. Ideally id like to wind up flying smaller aircraft where there is more hands on flying involved, but also appreciate the lure of money and stability with airline flying. I have £39,000. I plan on doing an ATPL which i was going to do with EFT in Florida (going abroad seems to be cheaper) EFT seem quality but now seem full. also i dont think i would be able to afford to get MEI, but would i need this to get a job instructing?, would i need the masses of ME hours to get an airline job? are there cheaper schools than EFT that are quality and can offer you an instructors job possibly? ive read on hear about OAT and FTE, but ive heard from people at EFT that FTE are not good. what jobs are available to low hour pilots? do i need loads of airline experience to get into more alternative types of flying, stunt flying, seaplanes, aid flying, air ambulance, forest fires, coastguard, etc etc? Do you only become ATPL once you have 1500 hours? and what is a frozen ATPL? Are the schools in South Africa to the same standards as europe and America? Ive got so many unanswered questions, i'll stop there for now. if anyone can answer any of these for me i would be most greatful. thankyou