PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any One Know About Sponsorship?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2005, 22:57
cosworth211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are young and I admire your drive at your age. As said a few times already there are very few or none worthwhile sponsership opportunites. However I recommend completing an aviation related higher education, or maybe a business degree before diving in. The aviation world rises and falls like the economic cycle. You need a contingency plan, if you complete your pilot training at the wrong time, your out of work. Few employers will take on a qualified pilot into any non aviation related job as they will fear them leaving at the first opportunity.

The modular route is popular if you do not have your parents property to secure a loan on, but prepare to do 60+ hour weeks to pay for it! I have completed my PPL during my final year at university, as well as my study I had 3 part time jobs, clocking over 30 hours a week in work to pay for it. Luckily for me I have proved to my parents my dedication to the task of becoming a commercial pilot and they have agreed to secure a loan for the rest of my training on their house. If they had not, I would continue with 3+ jobs through the rest of my training!

Best of luck, their's no rush at your age, have a contingency plan, and be prepared to work bloody hard all the way!