PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congrats 230 (Tiger) Sqn
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2005, 21:09
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[email protected]
Frankly even if you did wear a wanky badge or a scarve you still wouldnt look impressive. 671 was NOT a Tiger squadron, they simply have a Tiger in the badge, there is a BIG difference. Before a Sqn can become a member of the NATO tigers it must be voted in by all other members of the Committee. This is achieved by a squadron displaying the spirit and camaraderie of its nation, striving to achieve the spirit of aviation excellence in a NATO environment, and representing its nation BEFORE the squadron. I was always referred to as a 'brit tiger', not a 230 tiger. The guys do the best they can in a multi-cutural, multi-disciplinary environment, and they do it for the Brits as 814 do. . We never thought we were the fast jet guys of the helicopter world, infact i spent most of my time carrying chinook nets around Germany chasing the real work horses the chinook guys. Top blokes god forbid i should say so, and squadrons i am proud to have served alongside.

I have no doubt that your sea kings are useful, save the odd life now and then, do not underestimate how many lives SH have saved. May not have been on the end of a wire, then again you ever done an evacuation of people in an operational theatre, from your posts i doubt it. No slur to the genuinely good chaps on SAR, they dont seem to bitch and moan like you.

You see [email protected] i am proud to fly alongside people of all cultures and all disciplines, you are a sad lonley F*****g tosser. I have a lot of ex 230 mates who went SAR boy, good eggs through and through. What disturbs me is some of them probably hung on the end of a wire, risking their lives while someone as bitter and twisted as you flew the aircraft. Thank god theyre not as bitter and twisted and as sad as you. I dont know how long you were in , but you never really understood the true concept of the military did you! There is a line between good military inter squadron, inter service banter, and sad tossers like you who are destructive and critical at every opportunity. At Fairford this year there will be aircrew from all over the world welcoming each other at a Tiger gathering - would you like to come? I doubt anyone would want to invite you! (not that you qualify anyway, but we always slip mates in). Once a Tiger always a Tiger!