PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines B747 crash at Halifax
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2005, 05:57
targaman

Avibridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight & Balance Check

We in the industry (Pilots-Dispatchers) have been using an 85 year old paper based system of weight & balance measurement that is ...........

Read my press release http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/4/emw233476.htm

We still (2005) rely on the presumed accuracy of the load sheet when in fact it has been shown many times to be in error.

What is needed is an external aircraft weight & balance system that provides a final check & warning of an overweight and or out of balance condition.

I have patented such as system and am looking for dvelopment funding for a computer model and a prototype for trials in NZ.

Any support from this forum or any other source would be gratefully accepted.

In the MK Airlines case I suspect that once again the load sheet will show a correct weight & balance data. I have made it known to TSB Canada that I am a researcher into what I call the Ice Berg Effect of load sheet error risk to large aircraft and have the support of many accident investigation bodies such as NTSB and TSB. They agree with my concerns but are unable to do anything but make recomendations.

The lack of alternative weight & balance evidence in cases where reconstruction of the aircraft is not possible is a serious concern for all of us.

For those of you interested in more info on this topic visit www.avibridge.com

Keep the discussion going and make your MP aware that the load sheet is still the only evidence available at the scene of the accident in many cases.

Does anyone know if the FDR in your company records weight & balance from the onboard weight & balance system?

I need hard evidence from many sources of the status of your aircraft's OBWBS-active or deactive?

All info will be treated confidentially and is only used in research.

I am free of direct pressure from operators as I am now retired. I know the very real threat for whistle blowers both from a union perspective and from a sole contractors view.

Sorry for the long winded post but I believe it is a serious problem that needs urgent attention. I am doing my bit.

It mayyet prove to be a causal factor in the MK Airlines case.