PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost v Benefit Flight Training Schools
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 20:57
mat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost v Benefit Flight Training Schools

Hello. I'm 31 and have nearly completed my PPL. I'm loving every minute of flying and am now seriously considering paying an awfully large amount of money to fly professionally.

I'd like to enroll in an integrated ATPL course at the end of this year. There is a bewildering array of flight schools out there, but FTE Jerez and OAT keep coming up as some of the best places to train.

What I'd like to know is what your experiences of the difference schools rate as far as money v results (and a job!) go.

Some pilots I've talked to say OAT is the best because they put the most emphasis on helping their student be ready for the jobs market. Others say FTE in Jerez is good because of the relatively low all up cost and professional standards.

I'd like to widen the range slightly : Whilst the above two schools seem to be the best contenders at the moment, what about the US schools, and other courses abroad - for example in Oz or NZ or even Langkawi, Malaysia?

So to recap : Which is the best school as far as course benefits versus cost?

Since I should already have my PPL, a school that offers a discount for students with their PPL would be obviously good news. I know that Jerez is one such school.

Discuss