PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "SERVICE CREW" in QR
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 20:20
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should know better but considering that this actually came from the horses mouth of a captain...WELL MATE...you decide! When push comes to shove and I had to chose an airline to fly on as a passenger I know who I would chose...one with a full compliment of trained crew. Airlines like Qatar always get unusual and ignorant looks from potential passengers in the west and so they have to sell themselves on their excellent safety record and the training if its crews in order to win over new customers. How can QR claim to have excellent training if only 6 of its crew on a A330 are SEP trained? This should be reflected in the airlines advertising. Hooters Air in the states openly advertises (jokes aside please) that its flights are crewed by main cabin crew (for safety) with hooters girl as addition for services.
Sorry if the my post sounds sensationalist but it really is something that I feel very strongly about and I certainly dont apologise for what has been written. Qatar Airways are being hugely negligent and misleading to the public regarding its safety standards and training and as such deserves to be outed.