PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Choice
Thread: First Choice
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 16:22
Tempsford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently flew LGW-HOG-LGW on a new FCA B763 with the new interior (leather seats, seat back video etc) and was very impressed with the aircraft. Seat pich in the rear cabin was also very good and talking to some of the folks in the front of the a/c in the Premier Star Class they were impressed as well. The negative points were poor standard of catering on both sectors and some of the cabin crew could have done with a charisma injection. And before anyone says it, besides being there for your safety, it's their job to be pleasant to the customers and not act as though they are doing us a favour by serving us. Also be aware that the IFE package in the Star Class is basic and you will have to pay an additional £5 each way to upgrade to the full package.
Just a word of warning for those folks going to HOG. Besides a 25 Convertible Peso Departure Tax, you will be charged excess baggage charges. Even though our suitcases were lighter ex HOG than they were ex LGW (where we were not charged excess baggage), we were 4 kgs over total for the two of us and were charged nearly £30 for the privilege so beware. I cannot gripe at this as my ticket clearly stated 20kg allowance, but to be charged 2 kgs excess on a Charter Flight was somewhat unusual.
Well done FCA, you have certainly set the standard cabin wise for the other operators. I have worked in the industry for a long time and flown with numerous operators and your new cabin is like a breath of fresh air. (I don't and never have worked for First Choice).

Temps

Last edited by Tempsford; 23rd May 2005 at 09:18.