PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Picks Up Global Gong For Best Low Cost Carrier
Old 22nd May 2005, 05:38
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And who votes for these awards? Surely not the poor SLF?

While on the subject, how are these TV adverts where they rave on about "wouldn't it be nice to get Virgin Blue service everywhere?"

Yeah, WHAT SERVICE?

Getting me to separate my own coupon from the boarding pass (OK, no biggie) to speed up the boarding process, jamming me in tight between two fat guys, charging me even if I only want a drink of cold water, and boring me to tears with dumb announcements, is that the service I should be getting everywhere?

I ask again WHAT SERVICE beyond basically taking my money, shoving me on then off again, what aspect of that is considered SERVICE beyond any reasonable expectation of the bare minimum?

On the other hand, if asked to nominate what service they could remove and still constitute RPT - I can't think of any.

Still, lucky we still have window blinds I suppose.

Virgin's marketing misses the point. They take a price position, then want people to expect a high level of service. You can't have it both ways. It's either cheap, or high service. If they forget which one they are trying to be then surely they will lose their way.

VHCU