PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 off the runway at LBA
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 02:17
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you timmcat, and i am a professional pilot for 20 years. A short PA to the passengers to sit tight, all is ok and please follow the cabin crew instructions is all it would take to calm the cabin and the cabin crew down. Its part of our job. And anyway what emergency checkists are you talking about flappy? I haven't seen one for runway overrunn. Just the after landers and shut down. Get the co to talk to atc while i have a quick word with the walk on freight. 30 seconds on the pa and then back to business. Customer care and all that PC stuff
How many PAs do we ever hear from the cockpit these days. Few if any, partiucularly from those in the middle and far east.
BTW flappy, i notice that your profile says chief wagon dragon. Please tell me that you're not cabin crew with a post like that. Emergency check lists? please tell me which ones so i can look them up. The evac wouldn't be right and no ecam would show. I've been on the bus for nearly a decade and i have yet to find a runway overrun.
If you want the real airbus answer, the capt should have said "crew at stations" once the aircraft had stopped with park brake on, then once the dust had settled gone for the shutdown checklist followed by " passengers and cabin crew please remain seated" and maybe starting the APU.etc etc. Thats 2 PAs that should have been made within the first minute or two max. Just my 2 bobs worth.

Last edited by ia1166; 22nd May 2005 at 02:34.