PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 16:39
Inuksuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I just read some of my own posts on this forum and they are, well, not exactly friendly either...so I stand head bowed in shame...

Anyways, the latest news from the hiring rumour mill is as follows - I was flying with the equivalent of an "oracle" last night -
- Projections on retirals over next 4 years means the hiring is being ramped up for both expansion and natural wastage. There is panic in them thar hills about keeping up with demand.

- The old fuddy duddys will migrate off the line and bolster training, as it is stretched even now

- Pool first, then new hires. Outside screening first, but the agency knows NOTHING about flight crew. Bite your tongue during the first screening...

- There is a tech questionniare, but nothing no-one's not done before. AC Procedures gets the test after you're in

- With the growth of the long hauls with 777 then 787, lots of RP jobs

- A320 fleet is rumoured to reduce in size, and EMB F/O therefore the choice job

- Medical same as TC right now, but AC reserves the right to have its own standards. Understand this is being looked at again...

- Bias at first screen towards professional aviation programme

- Min requirments on the web to be ignored, as they will vary depending on individuals

- Lots of debate out there in corporate image land about the groovy new flight deck uniforms under consideration. Let's hope no checked shirts or mountie hats.

Right, I'm off for a beer, and some ice for the ass after the internal exam Let's hope none of you new guys coming in get the Greek nurse...be afraid, very afraid.