PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 21st May 2005, 11:49
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPIS

I totally agree with you in relation to reporting the issue in the tech log. I would have no question in putting it in. That is not my decision of what to put in the tech log though.

But you have to think of the consequences of what will happen to the aeroplane and if it would need to be grounded? The effect on other crew's health etc etc. It is a weighing up exercise.

With referance to oxygen useage and starting to go into the "AIR CONDITIONING SMOKE/ FUMES" checklist. Well I think that is overkill. We talked about it but thought it would be slightly extreme. If you look at the start of the checklist it says to switch recirculation fans OFF. That would compound the situation. Also messing with the isolation valve and packs is not going to help as the aircraft still needs to be pressurised. After that we start talking about removal checks. Slightly extreme.

I seen the cd balpa gave out and this is my first encounter of this problem. For what it is worth I now know that there is a problem and that it needs looking at seriouslly.