PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's Remember Emirates.
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 06:35
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
GF,
The EK FOs were told at a pilots meeting when the DEC thing was announced, that none of them would be disadvantaged or held back because of DECs! It was pretty obvious then, when aircraft deliveries were taken into account, that this was untrue. So once again these guys were lied to. When the managers were questioned on this point, they said they had it all in hand and would work around it to ensure no-one was disadvantaged. It would seem this was then forgotton during the drinks break. The comapny was also on record from a few years earlier of reversing a decision to hire DECs when the pilot body voiced concerns over the issue.

I think its true to say that guys joining after the decision to hire DECs have no reason to complain, as they knew the deal. For those who joined before this decision, and who are presently being held back, well I think they are quite justified to vent as much as they like. One of the major reasons they joined, and in a lot of cases, left a LHS job to join here in the RHS, has gone.

I think when you look at the min requirements for a guy to get a interview here, you can see these guys have been round the block once or twice. A large number of the guys have totals and experience far greater than some of the DECs. But, the company will not count the hours flown with EK towards the total for DEC. Go figure!

Bus Canuk

I do not think Bird-on has been working for EK for a few years now!!! Gotta wonder huh!

Don