PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's Remember Emirates.
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 04:10
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bus canuck

I see your point.
With your stand however, you more or less glue any Captain to the company who upgraded him. Now if a company starts screwing up and going into demise, all it’s captains would be doomed for a downgrade when changing ship.
You’ll get to my age faster than you like and you’ll eventually get into such a situation with wife, kids, a lot of merit and hours etc., again faster than you like. Maybe not at EK, but then you never know, and your stand applies to all companies I guess.
I have been there and I don’t wish you will ever. It’s hard to defend these morally upright positions once the s**t hits YOUR fan.
It’s a jungle out there and you can’t ask others to stay in it just that you can get to the nice clearing the day YOU thought you’d find it. You trusted your management, that was your choice!
If in need of a job and offered either LH or RH seat by EK, I admit I would take the LH seat. I just wonder how many of the contributors to these forums, apart from you bk, would in real life, and not only on forums, take the other….
GF