PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS Floodgates Open(Merged).
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 03:39
freightdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok

Though I agree with some of your points MAStake, and do appreciate your insight to the problem from your perspective.

The fact remains at the moment MAS is short of pilots, (pls confirm this) meaning if they can't get people to come in and keep their a/c flying on sched they will loose more money which means they will not able to meet any of the demmands of present MAS employees (Pilots, Flight Attendant, Ground staff, Maint and many others) THis is all theory of course, airline management in recent history has always claim loss to avoid improving conditions for employees.

So first and foremost the mission at hand is to try to save the carrier and I tend to agree with Kaptin M in that a better way to approach this is to have reps of the pilot group included in the hiring process of additional expat drivers and inform them of present goals and mission.

What you have to keep in mind as well is the offer as far as I know, new drivers will work for a 3rd party agent and not directly for MAS.

dunno if I make any sense or not, care to comment Kaptin M? (lack of sleep on my part)