PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN logo's on Flying Kit
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 20:52
Dancing Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Si Clik,

I guess from yr inputs you are the fine fellow who provided the funding for me to visit my old school, acompanied by the Local AFCO Bod and the Schools presentation team with my Mk 8 Lynx just before I handed over my final Flt Cdr responsibilities, net result; from an outlay of a couple of hundred quid in subs;

Hundreds of kids raving about the ROYAL NAVY operating helos, dozens of kids attending the RNSPT roadshow and an awakening in all of what we, the RN do. I would have quite happily worn a badge with a ROYAL NAVY logo on it if it meant educating a few more folk as to the role we actually achieve.

Also my flight lads had a damn good time building team work for my relief and trying to trap schoolkids, oops sorry trying to delete that last bit!

The moral of my rant is that we need to go back to the DNR flight and plenty of schools visits and get them young! The balderdash about insurance is just twaddle, there is a wonderful fella at VLN who will sort it all out on the basis of a school address and a contact number as well as providing all the stuff on risk assessment for the civvy worriers.

PS I would be very happy to visit anywhere and sound off about how much fun I have had in 15 years of FAA Aviation, shame current commitments will preclude, anyway wish you all the best for recruiting my relief although please do nbot rush as I quite fancy FRI 2 in 18 months!!

Regards DB