PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RUMOUR of "smoking on board" and "endless list" of safety issues?? = Hype!!
Old 20th May 2005, 16:54
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Regarding the smoking, it was actually 3 guys sat about 5 or 6 rows from the back. 2 were sat together on the left side as you face the rear of the aircraft, the other didn't look as though he was travelling with them. The flight was quick (about 35 mins T/O -T/D) and the crew very busy. I went to use the loo's at the rear of the aircraft and that's when I noticed these 3 guys. I attracted the attention of one of the crew (not the 'shrugger') and she went aft straight past the offenders into the rear galley. She emerged to 'challenge' them with a colleague. At that point I lost interest and turned my attention to the little lady sat next to me... but that's for another thread...

After making such a song and dance about the mobile phone use to a member of crew and looking like a complete arse for it,incurring some menacing looks from the pax I drew attention to, I just put my head down and waited for the aircraft to land. While I was out in BAH that night at a well known 'W'atering hole I got chatting to some ex-pat GF crew who confirmed that it happens sometimes and even ventured a particular nationality.

Can I ask you just how the hell am I supposed to 'snap' a photograph of the offenders when the only camera I had was on my mobile phone and "...MOBILE PHONES ARE TO BE SWITCHED OFF AND REMAIN OFF UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE TERMINAL BUILDING"!

Now then Ray Darr, don't make this a 'personal issue' because the rules are, attack the message NOT the messenger.