PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet CEO announces resignation
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 16:38
Flying Quill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Fletch, you're right about the lack of confidence in the City. In support of your point I offer the powerpoint presentation last year which was supposed to placate the concerns of the City by unveiling the radical new plan. Well, it was amateurish and childish; I felt embarrassed watching it.

But this is the attitude I was alluding to in my earlier post: the company is trying to to cling to its fun, quirky culture, but with the lack of experience, it simply doesn't work. I don't need to support my assertion with examples; those who work here should be able to think of some for themselves. The spotty nosed kid has now become a strapping teenager; big and strong, but bereft of the wisdom and experience of maturity. It's sitting at the back of the classroom, one of the bigger children, still trying to crack the jokes that made it so cute in primary school. But it's just not appropriate any more.

There are many impressive achievements that can be credited to RW and his team - and some failures. However, the next CEO needs to build on the success thus far and take the company to the next level. I don't care who this person is. I don't care if he or she dislikes pilots. I don't care if the the new CEO is from Mars. But I desperately hope that whoever - or whatever - it is steers this fledgling into maturity.

FQ