PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 20th May 2005, 16:35
simon773

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr BA interview...not successful

hi...just got home after attending the BA assessment for LHR shorthaul.
I was so happy to take part in the assessment, many examples to give for 2-2-1 interview in my mind and very relaxed atmosphere throughout the day.
2-2-1 interview was actually tough, many questions and very in-depth. I did this part quite well, I was prepared, and all the examples were actual and complete (problem, coping, outcome), and even the "inevitable question" about company future challenges was answered without falling down from the chair asking for my last wish.
Both assessors shacked hands and smiled in the end. I was very happy, however, worn out.

After a quick break, I was about to experience
my greatest fear realized: THE GROUP INTERVIEW!

Because English is not my first language and because I had arrived in London the night before, it turned out to be a discussion with a non-speaking-actor who followed the discussion contemplating the other candidate: an extra!

I said a few things trying to be practical and pretending I had followed the discussion deeply. I guess it was more or like when you are asked “what’s the time” and you reply “it’s Monday”.

We all interacted well in the end and we finished the task, thanks to another candidate who involved me in the discussion!

oh well......yes...
...the e-mail arrived quite early: "We have now had the opportunity to discuss your application, but very much
regret, after careful consideration, we have decided not to offer you this
particular position….."

I realize now that if I had spent a month in the UK speaking and listening every-day, I would have had, may be, more chances to get it…UGH!

Now I got an invitation for Virgin…. Don’t think so! Need to go back to english school again!