PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I make my dream hasppen??
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 15:35
747man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I make my dream hasppen??

Hi everyone,

My name is Richard, and i am from North Wales UK.

For many years now i have combined my love of aviation (and in particular the 747), by building up a road haulage operation revolving around airfreight, and being in the location of these magnificent aircraft.

I have for the past five years ,been working away at my PPL, and am steadily building up hours on my little Cessna 172.

Having reached the ripe old age of 39 this year, i am wondering if anybody can either point me in the right direction, or give me advise about the prospects of ever being able to fly a 747.

I am very realistic, and perhaps realise that age is against me, but fortunately the money it would cost to get my own commercial license is not an issue.

I am really keen to go forward with this, but do not know where to start.

I do not want to get to the top of the passenger tree, being extremely happy at the prospect of flying freighters around as my predictions feel that the next generation of freighters will be 747 - 400 variants which have been converted.

This my dream, and with the wealth of experience available to me on this forum, i really just wondered if i was far to old for any pilot career.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter, from all parties concerned, so please feel free to speak your mind, it will not offend me!!

Any help would be really appreciated.

I thank you all in advance,

Richard.