PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happenings at Warrnambool
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 11:48
andma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blade banger

So you want me to spell and grammar check my post because you're to unintelligent to work out what I was saying.

As far as giving 110% I can tell you now all of Mr Chibbs crew (excluding Tim) work full time jobs in Warrnambool, therefore 8 hours of their days are already gone, on top of that at least one of the members is volunteering his spare time to the CFA and another is regularly hitting his duty times in the fixed wing area. So take away the usual 6 hours of sleep and there isn't even 50% of the day left. Given that information I would expect 110% would be a minimal that these guys would have to put in given the time they have left to dedicate themselves to run even a half arsed service.

As far as my crowd getting people killed I’m much prefer to die in an accident on terra firma then die screaming as the BK-117 I was in was falling to the ground with an incompetent crew.

Do you realise only 2 of the member have a CPL only one of which is for Rotary wing, add to that the only other qualifications would be CFA First aid training and a winch operators course Mr Chibbs put together himself.

Mr Guyett pushed the Warrnambool Aero Club to get a Tecnam and even they with their flying member base knew it was not going to be viable. But Mr Guyett decided if you can't get a $100,000 Tecnam to be viable in a flying club it would be a snap to get a $2,000,000 BK-117 running with a couple of mates.

Chief Inspector Robinson Full time police Force employee with experience in the Air Wing and HEM operations and multiple contacts in the Emergency Services and Government can not get this service operational

What make a Volunteer District Group Officer in the CFA with a full time job in another field of interest think he would be better suited to running this service?

On another note:
Did anyone notice Mr Guyetts comment after a EPIRB was set off in Port Fairy by accident? The Standard Portrayed Mr guyett as informing them that Tim Chibbs was co-ordinating the SAR operation from Melbourne. Is Tim Chibbs now employed by AUSSAR or one of its agencies?

I hope this message is up to your standard this time.

Point of note ARC HELICOPTERS is dead and not likely to return lets forget this forum and move on to trying to promote flying and Aviation to a new generation of pilots, I notice a lot of flying school in community areas are dying and pilots simply throwing the towel in due to lack of aircraft availability. Shouldn’t this be a more pressing issue now then a defunct Tim Chibbs?