PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 03:31
Samuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there are a whole bunch of a team of Warrant Officers and Officers departing for the UK on the 25th May to interview 320 applicants [out of a total 1148!], with the aim of selecting a mere 80 for enlistment into the RNZAF. They are looking at all branches and trades. The first lot will be here by August this year, and others early next.

Yes, they are looking for Engineering and Supply Officers.

Sounds as though there might be a few disappointments, but a word of advice: they're after career-minded people, not short-term tourists!

Cougar, from memory, there was an arrangement of an option on a number of \'Js\'for the RNZAF in conjunction with the RAAF purchase, but it was allowed to lapse. I doubt the amount being spent on the current model matches what would have been required for the \'J\'!

In hindsight, it might have been a smart decision!

I\'ve got at least one Lions supporter staying with me,[for the Wellington test] but we won\'t allow him to wear his Lions shirt around the house, nor is he allowed to sing. Mind you, it\'ll probably be a dirge!

Actually, I noticed a shop in town yesterday selling rugby shirts which are half All Black/Half Lions.For the half-way line no doubt!

Last edited by Samuel; 21st May 2005 at 18:26.