PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2005, 22:06
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was a very moving service, but also a very fitting tribute to Captain John Cook. About 200 mourners were there to say farewell to a loved one, former collegue and dear friend. People travelled from far and wide to say their farewells, such was the effect of John on their lives.

Captain Omar Malik gave an excellent address, recounting amongst other things, John's early days in aviation. Thank you, Omar, for making me laugh instead of shedding a tear.

It was, indeed, a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man who will be sorely missed. John's son, Chris should be congratulated on organising such a great send off for his father. I am sure that John was looking down on us celebrating his life, his arm over Rick's shoulder, approving of all he saw.

Thanks also to Channel 4 for their support and coverage of the funeral, and thanks should also go to the Conservative Party for having the courage and integrity to announce their intention to overturn the verdict.

I doubt it will put any pressure on Mr Blair, but I challenge him to do the same as David Davis' statement. If you haven't seen or heard David Davis' statement, you might like to check it out here

My dear friend John is now at rest, but his son Chris now takes up the Cook fight. He is more than up to the job and I assure him that he has my absolute support.

Thank you all for your support and for your kind words these past few days. It has been a great help.

My best, as always,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook