PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds Thread
Thread: Leeds Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2005, 12:13
Max Angle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your post speaks volumes about your confidence in your own abilities and the capabilities of your aircraft.
In fact despite my comment about fortunately being an occasional visitor to Leeds I rather enjoy operating in and out of some of Europe's more demanding and deficient airfields. You normally have to fly 3-4 hours down to the Greek Islands to find them but with Leeds it's right on the doorstep which means you often get two goes per shift, double the fun. There is nothing wrong with my capabilities or my confidence in them it's just that after many years of sitting in the left seat of an airline jet I am sufficiently experienced to recognise the pitfalls and hazards that are present at some airfields. Leeds, unusually for a UK airfield, combines quite a few in one place and demands to be treated with respect, even in seemingly benign conditions.

PS. I am beginning to see why people like 411a get so much entertainment from winding people up, it really is amazing how quickly the bait gets taken!!. No LBAs on this months roster but see you all soon no doubt.

Last edited by Max Angle; 19th May 2005 at 12:59.