PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet CEO announces resignation
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2005, 12:14
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good post AA.

I agree with most of what you said, but I think you underestimate the importance of morale, especially for an airline that likes to model itself to Southwest Airlines.

RW is maybe a very good accountant (like MOL) but he also lacks human/CRM skills.

We all know from our training that when the going gets tough, CRM a very important factor in solving problems and weathering the storm.

The way I see things, EZY has had a relatively easy ride so far with mild competition as EZY was a pioneer in Europeīs low cost arena, but times have changed, competition has caught up and morale is very low in a lot of bases.

When most of the fat is cut itīs morale that keeps a group/company/team together and what you will see is that lotīs of flight/cabin crew (incl. me) are bailing out, looking for greener grass.

What EZY needs is someone with a real vision and communicative skills to lead the way, not some crunching number Kiwi accountant, treating everyone like sh!t... Thatīs why I believe BC would be a great boost for EZY if she would decide to join.

Itīs a big mistake to automatically think that any improvement in T & Cīs will automatically increase costs and hurt profitability. If you donīt believe me, look at Southwest Airlines in the USA, theyīve been very profitable for almost 25 years by putting the employee and not the shareholders first!

Stelios has the vision and Ray has the accountant skills. What EZY now needs at the top level is someone who sees the big picture and holds it all together!