PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA Pre-Qualified Cadet Programme (3 months)
Old 19th May 2005, 01:45
CPtoCP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had my 1st interview, however they gave me a hand-out regarding to the pre-qualified cadet pilot programme, hope this information useful for those who are willing to join the programme.

Pre-Qualified Cadet Pilot Programme

Introduction

The Dragonair Pre-Qualified Cadet Pilot Programme provides all the necessary training required to enable pilots who already hold an ICAO ATPL/CPL to become the Airline Pilots of the future. Upon the successful completion of an advanced flight grading programme Cadets may be offered employment as Acting Second Officers to join our professional crew team for training to operate our modern Airbus fleet. Having gained the required experience of Dragonairˇ¦s operation, they will be promoted to Second Officer, Junior Officers and then to First Officers.

Selection Procedure

Dragonairˇ¦s Pre-qualified Cadets will have to pass several stages of a rigorous selection process designed to ensure that only the most suitable candidates progress to the advanced grading programme and flying training. Selection consists of medical examination, computer aptitude tests, a general interview, a technical interview and a simulator check.

Advanced Grading and Flying Training

Pre-qualified cadets will have to successfully pass the advanced grading to continue with the flying training. The grading programme will be conducted at Adelaide, Australia.

Hong Kong Licence Conversion

Dragonair will assist pre-qualified cadets in applying for the conversion of their current licence to a Hong Kong licence. There will be certain examinations required to be sat for the issuance. Pre-qualified cadets will be responsible for all examination fees except for Air Law and Type Technical, which will be borne by Dragonair.