PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 21:43
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's true apaddyinuk!!! My two size 6 skirts-one fits the other too big!!! One made in portugal the other in the philippines!!!
And how come that 2 companies that were supposed to make our uniforms went bust in the first 6 months...

I had Julien MacDonald on one of my flights months ago and he didn't seem particularly happy unfortunately....but I do think that it's a great uniform and it now feels like a second skin (also thanks to crew ops ). Shame the materials are so cheap.

Saw some Austrian Airlines crew in AMS crew centre yesterday....wow red tights and red flat shoes I suppose they're supplied by the company, I can only imagine myself looking for red tights/stockings in sainsbury's!!!

I loved my Air Europe Italy uniforms, both the light and the dark blue ones, very "Italian", sexy and easy to take care of. Loved the foulard and how all of us used to wear it in different ways all the time

Hated Air2000 old uniform, a bit like the Costelloe but even cheaper and never understood why I had to wear horse mouth-bits on my shirt!! And on the summer skirt!!!!
When it became First Choice Airways, we had the pink and green one....oh my God that was and still is an insult to the word style!!! I used to feel like I had fallen into a pool of pepto-bismol (the stomach medicine!) and then got wrapped in candy floss!

BA Costelloe wasn't confortable for me, but it surely meant a lot. I wore that uniform with pride and it meant that all those years of night flights, rude passengers, hundreds of there&backs to larnaca and tenerife were worth it in the end!!!

The most beautiful one though, in my opinion, is still Singapore Airlines'. That is really super.

Ciao

FBW