PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Following and RHS
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 14:49
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"ridiculous set up that I understand exists with TAAATS where a full flight plan form appears, taking up a large part of the TAAATS screen"

Correct Dick. So why exactly did you buy this clunker??? Do you have a plan here, or just more whining? To drive an enroute console I need the following windows open: JURISDICTION, ANNOUNCED, HANDOVER OUT & PREACTIVE strips, ATIS, QUEUE & MAESTRO. TRAFFIC, FORCED, MET, NOTAM, HANDOVER & a host of others open when the machine is doing things to me. They all take up too much room, but at least I decide when the flight plan window opens. Not for you. Maybe that wasn't a sh1t hot idea of yours to EXCLUDE ATC from the development of TAAARTS???

"The penny drops. What Dick wants is back to NAS 2b"

Yes I would say so Mr Pirate. The twister, bitter, cannot accept he is now completely irrelevant to the future development of airspace & procedure change. Expect more carping critisism regarding any change (except in the USA) that moves away from the shining imaginary utopia contained in the but otherwise carefully preserved Airspace 2000 implementation plan that lives under his pillow.

"submit a plan. If you don't, then my response, unless my airspace is dead, will be "contact flightwatch on xxx.xx to submit a plan and call me when you're done"."

Your call Rog. Remember question 18 though, the service is not 'optional', its 'workload permitting'. I remember training one experienced controller who had a jet pop up with no plan out of a regional airport. We weren't busy & he was obviously terrified at the concept of putting a plan in. I more or less forced him to, and afterwards said "Is that all I have to do?" in a disbelieving tone. There is not that much effort involved getting a LPL going in radar coverage as far as your sector boundary.

As you can perhaps gather from my remarks above I believe RHS is a waste of skin, but I have a respect for pilots in general and will do my best to provide whatever services I can. Workload permitting that is.

PS. I can't find xxx.xx on my scanner, do I need to upgrade?

Last edited by Woomera; 18th May 2005 at 21:41.