PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 49ers and Related Issues(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 14:46
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Hangin'On

I do indeed remember the PS days...and very fondly.

And Halcyon Days they were ... being made to feel and believe one was worth a small ransom. We were indeed the Hardy Boys, if you will excuse me bringing the Groupie's name into things again.

But one should put those days into the context of high growth off a small base and a perception in management that the situation in HK worked against attracting large numbers of quality aircrew to man the growth. Money was the simplest opiate to solve the problem. Agreed by AS and offered by PS. Shortly summed up the next step very well.

Whilst I agree the AOA played its part, your choice of words is prophetic. The reality is, they satisfied our 'needs' not responded to our demands. The good faith you refer to was a result of the company being in a position to accede to everything asked of it.

Swire management culture has not really changed. The owner of the train set remains the same.

The only thing that has changed is the tail thought it could go on wagging the dog when the ground shifted, as long as it became intransigent enough.

History is one thing. How one interprets it is quite another.

Best wishes.

Last edited by VR-HFX; 18th May 2005 at 15:14.