PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA slams Ghana Civil Aviaition
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 08:45
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Tusker I "hear" what you say.

I must admit that in the 6 months I have been at the airport I am more impressed by it than most other African airports.

Yes ... those that I have been ... FNA / LOS/ Conakry / Monrovia - both - so not to good one's

Think about this : Most of the people on the airport has not been paid since Dec last year. I have not been paid for the month of Nov (and never since and I waithed one month and left the job).

Now take that into consideration plus the fact that a lot of traffic are genrated there (come and see on a Friday night) and things are not that bad.

What can they do ?

Get this GHACO / GHANA Airways / GIA streamlined (and Sean said it is soon) and pay the people and get rid of the old corrupted managers (95% of them) and you will see a major change.

In the mean time I actually underatnd when I see the baggage screener sleeping in front of the screens .. the GH profilers allowing a non documented pax for $500.

They actually do not have a choice ... they have not been paid - it is called survivial.

Sadly that is where the airlines must have their own checks in order to double check.

Not the ideal and I also condemn it .. but that is the sad reality happening at the ACC airport.

Sean Mendis was quite positive that things will change for the better very soon.

Let's wait and see.

Cheers,

Gunssss