PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "SERVICE CREW" in QR
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 05:17
A300Man-2005

The DAC incident was handled professionally and totally correctly, Paddy. There were no crew on that particular incident who behaved unprofessionally. In fact, there were two similar incidents in DAC if I recall correctly, two birdstrikes, one of which neccessitated the grounding of the aircraft for several weeks (was it ABO, Homesick?), and they brought in a Boeing 752 from Royal Brunei to cover. This was operated by QR cabin crews, but BI deck crews. The other incident neccesitated that an A310 was drafted in temporarily from another airline who, coincidentally, also had an Oryx logo on it's tail!!! This A310 was temporarily operated by QR Cabin Crews also (around early 1998, I think??) Was it Red Sea Airlnes***???? Help me out Homesick!

However, going back to the original topic (sorry to digress), I think you raise a number of very valid points, Paddy. Although what QR is doing is probably totally legal, it possibly isn't completely in the best interests of the passengers, unless the non-safety trained crew wear huge badges stating "I Don't Know safety!"

***EDIT: It was Air Djibouti-Red Sea Airlines, Airbus A310.

Last edited by A300Man-2005; 18th May 2005 at 09:38.