PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash In Gloucester, 2 Injured
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2005, 23:53
Presstransdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab

Thanks for your reply

Respectfully I still can not see your point.
Are you saying that we should send a large SAR helicopter to every incident on the off chance that it may turn out to be much worse than reported?

Imagine that taken across all the emergency services!
Presumably ARCC would only dispatch the most appropriate asset.

This would mean quite rightly that the SAR machine remains at its base

I know that it only takes a phone call to involve ARCC. Should additional help be required they then just press a button.

Surely the incident that prompted this thread would have happened this way had it been required.
Press- how many searches have you had to do after dark even though the casualty went missing in the middle of the day?
In answer to the above, I have to say that if we and the police were scrambled to every missing person without proper investigation then we would all be airborne 24hrs a day.

I regard this as proper co-ordination of assets.
Presstransdown - I would suggest that my comments are representative of the military SAR world ie 8 flights around UK but maybe not your world (3 flights).
And finally I have to admit that the only SAR Pilots/Crewmen I have had the pleasure of working with are the very experienced Civilian, Ex military RAF/Navy guys, many of them having been there, done that, got the T shirt a few times over.

By the way, it is 4 flights at the moment.

Cheers