PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew Hmmmmmmmmm!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2005, 16:51
Snapdragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Willy Waving, BOLLEAUX

Helpful Stacker quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't wish to generalise but I'm afraid that in todays RAF there are too many officers who forget that having a rank on their shoulder is not enough to automatically make them a leader.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed and I'll add;

Respect is earned, not issued by Cranwell Clothing Stores.

Yes you are right, but it goes both ways. The number of times I have been ...through the gate/at stores/anywhere etc on an RAF Station, I have been treated with the utmost disrespect on many occasions, just because I are a pilot. Not too good at inglish, I were a swimming pool lifeguard before becoming a pilot. However I have never been the cause of friction anywhere because I deem myself better than anyone else. If provoked I will retaliate, however I am always polite and cordial until provoked. I even saluted a Fg Off because I was in his office ( Me Flt Lt at the time) as a mark of respect to his appointment/status. A mate who went through IOT with me said he was instructed as an SAC to hate all officers on sight and give them the run around whenever possible. I rest my case. If the hatb fits and you are a C**T you deserve what you get, however it pisses me off when officers get tarred with one brush. Sorry Rant over!