PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfair competitive advantage given by Turkish Authority?
Old 17th May 2005, 10:14
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snoop

Oh, puleeze! Can we have a bit of mature debate here and not the usual "those nasty Spanish/French/(insert whatever) Air Traffic Controllers keep vectoring their aircraft in front of me" whinges. I've been flying all over Europe, Africa, Far East, North and South America and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I think I may have received some controlling that may be questionable. The vast majority of times most of you have no idea of the bigger picture that ATC has and to repeatedly whinge about them letting the locals in before you without any other evidence is little more than some kind of swagger about your percieved self importance.!

My original post was about documented evidence of one regulatory authority giving at least one of its carriers a dispensation to use lighter than normal 'standard' pax weights. As was mentioned it may have given them some form of competitive advantage over competing carriers on the same routes with the same a/c types. As has been pointed out, this anomaly has now been removed and the Turkish DGAC have removed the dispensation.

Next time you think that ATC are mucking you about why don't you go up the tower or visit the control centre and get a real idea of how ATC really works. I am of course assuming that you are also fluent in the language of the country where you claim ATC deliberately try to mess you about.