PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield Airport GA Conflicts
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2005, 14:23
MikeeB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to give another side to this, I along with other people that I know used to practice aerobatics over the Thorne Moor's/Swinefleet Common area.

Granted, we could carry on doing so, but it's not something I would personally choose to do anymore without having firm communication with Doncaster. Even then, I'd probably go find somewhere else to play now.

I also noticed a JP doing aerobatics in the Eastrington/Howden area late on Saturday afternoon. Whilst I could not confirm it, I strongly believe it was the black JP from Sandtoft that used to frequent the same area?

I find it beyond belief that local GA flyers, rumour or not, would deliberately fly into the ATZ to see what happens. Why would they start to do this at Doncaster, when Humberside has been open for this "pass time" for years? Maybe we could pop down to Coventry and have a dabble there as well?

I'd be more inclinded to think that a small band of either pro-Humberside (although Humberside could turn out to be an own goal) or LBA supporters are making up and spreading rumours about DSA in the hope that the local media pick up on it and print an article in an attempt to scare off passengers.

At least I hope that's the case.