PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 15th May 2005, 19:24
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medicals

Guys I don't exactly know how they do it but I read on another forum that yes, they're very strict.

Apparently they send you a form for your doctor to complete and you have to send it over together with the results of some tests, including eye test, earing tests, thorax x-ray, teeth x-rays, and ladies, pregnancy tests are a must and so the results of a smear test taken within the last 6 months. All teeth works must be done before moving to DXB, otherwise you won't be covered by the insurance which is part of the deal.
I am not sure in the case you have some particular tooth work to be done (I for example have a wisdom tooth that needs to be removed but cannot do it just yet) whether they will just exclude your teeth from the coverage or if it is a total loss of the insrance or if they don't give you the job at all....I will try to find out!!
(scary!!)

If you guys have any more info please share it. I am very worried about that too, but I have decided i MUST concentrate on my forthcoming assesment first!!

Take care everybody and good luck!!!

Love

FBW

***Love at first flight***