PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Following and RHS
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2005, 16:37
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...arrange to have the educational material corrected to make it clear that under some circumstances a specific code will be allocated." Not sure why it should be specifically mentioned that nothing has changed Dick, you got it wrong:
AIP ENR 8.1.2 refers.

"...remain responsible for the VFR aircraft after the service is terminated..." Under the principle of 'duty of care' we are anyway, at least until a reasonable person would have forgotten about him. Nothing has changed Dick, you got it wrong.

"...flight following in the USA does not include a provision for flight planning for VFR aircraft..." This one has me stumped a bit. I have corresponded with some VFR pilots in the US who regularly use FF, and they all claim the chance of recieving FF are increased by whacking in a plan. My reading of AIM & AIH seems to indicate that VFR flight plans only go to the FSS network, AIM 5.1.4 refers. So, if US VFR pilots are confused, then GOSH-DARN, Australian VFR pilots should be confused also, to get the same peachy result our goober cousins enjoy. Dick, you may have a point, but I'm not convinced. Regardless of what the Septics do, we are still coping with the box of crap called TAARTS you bought. We need more info to get a reliable tag on a radar track than the they do, and the most efficient method is by FPL. Finally though, like the Septics, a flight plan is NOT REQUIRED, so stop whinging.

All you RADTAGophobes out there, if you are worried about not noticing a dissappearing RADTAG please select your LST button. You will get the usual green freckle + ACID for a lost RADTAG, whether 1200 or discrete. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of it is to then de-select LST... Blue ACID in TAGLIST really does stand out, whats another window open???