PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Descent speed
Thread: Descent speed
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2005, 11:01
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately Iakklat, it's not confined to only Oz. But if the authorities condone it, and airline managements push it, do you really believe that low time pilots are NOT going to believe that it's okay to grab the opportunity if it presents?
I'm in my fifth airline and as such have worked out EXACTLEY the right way to fly a Jet Transport.... HOWEVER THEY B$%^&Y WELL TELL ME TOO!!!
That may well be the case, Wiz, and it really isn't hard to do is it, as the sop's are set to cater for the lowest common denominator.
But sometimes...just sometimes...I get a twinge of "professionalism", that GIVES the company something MORE than they pay for (lower fuel burn, less aircraft operating time).
....when I'm in a generous mood!

It can SO easy to go the other way though, isn't it.

One of the 18,000+ hour pilots who is leaving here this month made the comment to me several months ago (in a European accent), "You know M, these people are so stupid the way they try to FCUK us. I can make a 1 hour sector into 50 minutes, or 1 hour 20 mins. They are so stupid to try to FCUK us for a few dollars."