PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A330 crewing decision
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2005, 03:43
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetsbest, I don’t know what drugs you are on, but in my experience the pay drop is not only what certain others suggested it would be, but worse! And no, I’m not a trainer.

Maybe compared to minimum guarantee of the old award a full divisor on Longhaul is better, but then you are assuming you were always going to do min on SH forever, that was never going to happen. In fact the reason the hours were so low was because of the upcoming switch to LH requiring more pilots, therefore less hours. So for you the reason the SH award wasn’t so rewarding was because of the LH award trigger.

Of course Blank Liners are in an even worse position, I was with a guy the other day who cleared less on his blank line then he got on the 737, 8 years ago, I saw the payslips.

The point that Mudskipper made, and it is important, is that things like this can’t be investigated properly because the bigoted attitudes are so entrenched that people from one side can’t even be bothered looking at anything that comes from the other.

The most amazing thing is that the biggest push for a close look at the awards didn’t come from ‘A’ pilots at all, it was from 2 ‘Y’ listers, yet the blinkers still stayed firmly ON.