PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight International for better or for worse?
Old 14th Aug 2001, 16:15
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David

Once again I have read what you've said and come away dissapointed.
Looking between the lines I think that FI has taken a bloody nose and is still wondering whats just hit it.

Though I dont expect you to stand up and say FI's wrong.....sorry! I do expect as a valued customer "we have heard you and ARE doing something about it". Not, "this onslaught MIGHT make a difference".
It should make a difference, read the replies again, we are not happy with FI and customers are leaving you in droves.

We dont want racy anecdotes,pretty pictures etc we want real news. Something that makes Flight hard to put down and not be the sad reflection of your former self.

You say that you have always written for the entire aviation industry. This is true but the writing and content of the past were of a far higher quality than today.

This thread has never been about pilot versus the rest of the industry just that FI should be more balanced and more interesting.

You have yet to reply to peoples comments on the poor quality of paper used and inflation busting price increase.

Read Kermit 180's comment, very telling on your customers feelings and actions.

David you have a golden opportunity to make FI great again, because now the people have spoken don't waste it.

Ps It's not all doom and gloom the World Wide Airline Directory is excellent and eagerly anticpated.

To rigidity
I agree Airliner World is a little spotter like, but hopefully it will continue to grow into the type of magazine that FI used to be but better value and quality.

I for one will also be urging them to start a jobs section in which case FI won't even be worth starting a fire with.

[ 14 August 2001: Message edited by: flaps to 60 ]