PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill test - do I keep my mouth shut?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 19:29
BlueLine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most important thing about the Skill test is that the candidate is supposed to relax and enjoy it! It should be a practical flight as far as possible with the examiner acting as a passenger, so treat him as one.

I advise the candidate to tell me the heading height and eta for each leg, they can change anything so long as they tell me. All deceisions are made by the candidate; if the candidate asks me what to do whilst in the air, I say nothing to emhasise the point that he is in charge. I want to see the candidate make a decision, if I want him to do something different I will tell him after he has made his own decision, but then only to enable me to make the flight run more expediciously.

Everything in the test must be pre-briefed so if there is anything you are not sure of, ask the examiner before you take off.

All the examiner wants to see is a candidate who can opperate the aircraft safely, and make sound judgements. If the candidate makes a mistake, and they all do; do they recognise it and are their subsequent decisions reasonable in respect to their experience.

The first sign of overload is when what you say is not what you think you have said; the examiner will be the first to notice, so don't say any more than you need to or you may be talking jibberish!