PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft intercepted near Whitehouse
Old 14th May 2005, 17:56
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle
Thanks.
I believe that one of the main pieces of evidence for the defence of the 2 F16 ANG pilots was that they had been prescribed amphetamines to keep them 'up'. A side effect of amphetimines is that after 72 hours on the junk you may become very irrational and it will affect decision making. The defence lawers stated that as the pilots had been prescribed the amphetimines by the US military, their subsequent irrational behaviour was the US militarys fault! The pilots also had an in-theatre squadron patch which said on it 'F**k patience i want to kill something'! Well they did didn't they.

During GW1 i was flying a Puma on a liason visit with the Patriot Batteries being set up, on landing at their HQ, the Col in charge came over to us and said 'Hey who the hell is flying the pink Hips?'. When i pointed out that they were infact Pumas, which the Brits and French operate, as opposed to Hips which Saddam operates, he said 'well i never new that, look like Hips to me". He then continued his rounds of the Stinger patrols being set up as a perimeter defence for his Patriot HQ. We then had to set up trips to all the Stinger outposts to show them what a Puma looked like.