PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 14th May 2005, 16:01
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a female's point of view (mine!), I'd have to say that what she's done hasn't empowered me, it's actually quite embarassing and I would hazard a guess has allowed female progression into the flight deck to take a giant leap backwards....

Any low-cost/small operator will get hundreds of CV's.... There is absoutely no way to know how they filter them, but I'm pretty sure a female's cv will go to the bottom of the pile.....

If a female pilot with quite a lot of experience applies for a job with a different airline, when she's around the 30-ish mark, the new airline will no doubt be slightly concerned that she's reaching that 'Bridget Jones' age when she'll most probably consider having a few sprogs, and will therefore again put her CV to the bottom of the pile.....

Airlines won't want to take a risk on a woman who could at any point turn around and demand a cushy roster because she has a little one at home.....