PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 12:59
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
terrier

I have arrived at BRS twice in the past couple of weeks or so, both on domestic flights.

The first was from NCL and we walked from the a/c parked on stand 1, 2 or 3 (forget which) into the terminal via one of the domestic entrances, and down the stairs. We had no hold baggage to collect so walked straight through to landside.

However, there was still a bit of work going on then in connection with the extended carousel area and it was a bit like a building site. No worries because work has to proceed and the airport must 'go on' around it, and there were notices of apology posted.

Last Wednesday we came in from GCI. Our Aurigny ATR 72 was parked on a remote stand so we were bussed to outside the terminal. We were met outside the furthermost domestic entrance door (the one nearest the western end of the building next to the Channel Islands entrance door, although we did not use this despite coming from Guernsey) and conducted through the domestic door via other normally locked doors and passageways around nearly four sides of a square or rectangle inside the terminal. We eventually arrived at a point inside the door next to the one through which we had originally entered.

We were all perplexed as to why we had been taken on a route march led by, I have to say, a schoolmarmish Servissair representative.

We then went down the stairs to the carousel area and although the work had clearly gone on apace since the NCL arrival of two weeks ago there were still some loose ends to tie up.

When going out from BRS to GCI I had meant to have a look at the check-in extension but did not get round to it (too busy making sure I got full value from my Navigator points in the business lounge ).

The CO flights to EWR seem to be filling up quite well on a lot of the dates if the CO website seat selector is any guide, although there are some flights in the first couple of weeks that still appear to have a lot of available seats. Interestingly, BFS seems to be in a broadly similar situation as regards available seats, again looking at the seat selector. However, I don't know how accurate a measure of seats sold this gadget really is.