PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Staff Travel for GF
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 10:09
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with Millerscourt.....In 1985 I was told by a GF accountant a Brit. that the staff travel department had made a 3 million dinars profit for Gulf Air and he had received a bonus based on this.
He also said Gulf Air was saving a fortune by having terminated the expat pilots provident fund in 1976 and not having now to attempt to administer this pension fund or contribute to it as the company expanded.
He advised me to save like hell for myown retirement as the Arab pilots were being provided with a projected BD20,000.00 p.a. pension after 20years service and were covered and I certainly was not.
He feared for the future stability of the company as Arab pilots had to resign to trigger their pensions.
Then they would be free to fly for competitors and to also qualify for a second pension.
He said it was all a huge waste of training cost and said it had cost GF a million US$ per national cadet trained over 5 years to feed any competition airline a steady stream of experianced pilot staff in 15years time. He was not wrong!
Cheers scanscanscan

Last edited by scanscanscan; 14th May 2005 at 13:37.