PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 14th May 2005, 08:42
Tallbloke
PPRuNe Supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Dave,

Employers are sent hundreds of CVs every week. There is anecdotal evidence elsewhere which states that some recruiters simply sort them by age, eg which side of 28 the candidate is. This creates 2 piles. Interviewees are then selected, when required, from one of the piles. Guess which one. (This is discrimination BTW and we all know it happens, but I guess age discrimination is not as sexy)

There is no doubt given the huge number of CVs received by companies that they all must use some form of arbitrary filtering procedure in order to reduce the number of CVs they have down to a managable size. I don't think employers are now going to look more favourably at female wannabees now than they would have done before this tribunal. I am of course refering to the world of the wannabees, not experienced plots, and obviously therefore I am talking about the world outside BA. I wonder if BALPA has had any support whatsoever from any female fATPL holders looking for their first job?