PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are we paying for?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 00:22
Foz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things were definately harder in the old days. If a candidate failed more than a certain number of exams, then they all had to be re-taken, even if a pass had already been obtained.
That is the case now. If you fail a subject 4 times then you have to retake the lot. I dont know what on earth Devils Itch is going on about - learn the abc's. Thats a total load of tosh and completely impossible. What is possible is knowing the feedback so you know what sort of questions might come up.

it sounds as if it is possible to learn enough in the two weeks class room time before the exams to pass, even if you have not put in the work during the prior weeks.
Rubbish. You need to be at least reasonably happy with the material before these last weeks.

The ATPLs are extremely hard work and be under no illusion, if you go into it thinking you can learn the order of the questions the day before (how this is done i have no idea) or just learn the feedback and not put the work in during the course then you will most likely fail. Some subjects are about learning feedback (air law) but most you have to have a decent knowledge before you start on the feedback. Even if you do scrape through the exams on feedback alone, what are you going to do when the Chief Pilot of an airline at an interview asks you to describe a difficult P of F concept to see if you know your stuff?

I think the exams are easier than they used to be, but they are quite hard enough for me thanks and im very glad they are all out of the way!

Foz