PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying a share - G or N reg?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2005, 14:00
stuartforrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N reg or not N Reg

Flyboy-F33

No I dont enjoy wasting money but perhaps you would consider my reasons before you pretty much suggest I am a fool.

I was just about to commence training on an FAA IR in the UK but all the schools appear not to be doing any training coupled with the fact that I dont want to train for a licence I wont use in the near future. I will never get to the USA to do the licence.

Further I have a very well equipped £200,000 Bonanza that currently flies VFR while I wait for the DOT to make up their mind and finally I have personally spoken to the man who has been tasked to carry out the review by the government minister and he made a very good case that this would be stopped. He did point out that it would take a while.

Whilst I would not for one minute suggest that someone who currently has an N Reg (perhaps you) and an FAA licence should change it back immediately, I dont so there is good reason to do it for me.

Finally the guy who started this post asked which way to go and I gave him my opinion. In my opinion you would be foolish to go N reg right now given the current active review by the DOT as you may be exposing yourself to future costs like I have.

You and many others may be happy to post that it is not going to happen etc. but I for one am convinced it will. I am not scare mongering and spreading doom and gloom. Unlike most of the posters I have actually spoken to the government department at length. That is not to say that what they told me will definately happen its just it looks a lot more likely than not at this point.

I would think I had very good reason to change back and that is why I have "wasted my money".