PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is somebody recognising Cardiff Potential?
Old 12th May 2005, 22:39
Stone Cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to work for Air Wales and was there for sometime. Great company with lots of potential, I have heard talk for years on 737's and A319's it was actually the A318 that was considered.

Air Wales has turned itself around since I started there over 3 years ago pax numbers are good not good enough though for a jet just yet, so no Air Wales will not be having jets Boeing or Airbuses by this time next year and no crews that I know of are booked to go to TLS and I should know having only just left the company and I was quite senior....However the company is moving slowly in that direction they have recently opened a very smart Air Wales travel agent selling flights with Air Wales as well as package holidays abroad and have also signed up with the Travel House travel agents which is wales largest travel agent.

So give it another 2 or 3 years and providing all the paper work and everything is done and approved by the CAA then I could see Air Wales having a charter airline doing package holidays for Travel House as well as Air Wales travel down to Spain with a 737 or A319 and I for one will be coming back.

Roy Thomas is very passionate about his airline and over the last 5 years has proved everybody wrong who said that this rubbish small welsh airline will never last longer than 6 months, it makes a refreshing change to read on Pprune these days people now saying what a smart little airline it is and it's all be done by hard work from the first class staff of Air Wales.