PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA & CAA disagree over B747 continued 3 engine flight
Old 12th May 2005, 21:29
Crash and Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am amused at the varmint opinion said with such emotion, yet when questioned no logic follows instead just more varmint abuse. I imagine Busy B and L337 have never had the opportunity witness any proceedings in a court of law. Whilst I appreciate you have an opinion and that you feel so emotional about what is correct and what is not, without the under-pinning logic you would last mill-seconds under cross examination.

Busy B, I was going to say you did not answer my question, but on reflection you have in a roundabout way, you said you were not going to answer but shot from the hip anyway in a sophomoric manner. Thank you for your input; you have given an interesting insight into what though I am unsure, you fail to give any reasonable logic, which is actually quite amusing. Thank you once again for making me laugh.

Incidentally, I find any illogical addition funny at best it indicates a level of understanding that encourages the fare paying passenger to seek an alternative mode of transport - Arrogance or ignorance I am sure that is what they are thinking so go on do your best show the public the extremities of your intelligence but give them a chance tell them who you work for.

Whilst the outcome was successful, the decisions taken up to that point I find hard to accept. I asked the question does BA think they are God; of course the crew knew that the actual wind at their level and for the remaining flight was going be advantageous, the traffic at Manchester was not going to cause a problem, that not one item of traffic was going to declare an emergency ahead of them at the most critical point and that the runways were in no way going to be blocked next you will be telling me they have a crystal ball in some compartment in the flight deck or they have satcom direct to God. As I said, at best they could say it was unlikely, but they could not guarantee it, was it worth it... I think the previous post says it all, the authorities have made a decision on this subject.

Thanks Irish Steve.

Last edited by Crash and Burn; 12th May 2005 at 22:22.