PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2005, 15:28
brucelee

Five yrs ago the flat pay salary for the first two yrs was in the high $40k yr.(i think 47,000). In the real world, you fly more than the minimum so that 50k is a more realistic figure (my T4 can prove that) You then add per diems which amount to anywhere between $7-10k/yr. depending on the equipment you're flying. Do the math yourselves. As far as I know the flat salary was not affectect by the 15% cut and if it was, the amount would be about $3700 less. The new salary structure does include a pay group which kicks in after flat salary. You may or may not be in this group depending on movement. The pay group sucks in my view beacause they average out pay of CRJ(EMB) and RP positions. This means that these positions are all considered the same( $60-70k/yr). In any case, short term pain for long term gain in my view. Still spending two weeks/month at home on average. Heck I should get a part time job somewhere. Is it me or am I repeating the same info a few times now. Anyway hope that answers your question Mr. cessna 150.